Pages

blue cheveron

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Exterior Details

It is time to finalize the choices for the exterior details such as the doors, windows, garage doors and paint colors. Joe and I took a little field trip to research house colors and front door designs. In the end we learned one thing, one of us must be color blind. Which one of us it is, is still up for debate. When I see gray, he sees brown. When I see brown, he sees gray. Who knows what color our house will be.

I love the classic look of what I think is a gray house with bright white trim. The only problem, there is already a darker gray home with off white trim cattycorner across the street from our home. So we are trying to find something to set them apart. Here it is.


I am a pretty shy person in general and don't typically initiate conversations with strangers. Something my daughter has no problem with, which makes me really uncomfortable. But I am not uncomfortable with knocking on the door of house I love to ask questions. While living in our last house, people rang the doorbell multiple times to ask a question about something they liked about our home. It was very flattering, so I feel I can pay it forward to another homeowner. You would be surprised at how nice and helpful people are when you tell them you love their home.

Here are some exterior colors we like. Some I found on Houzz.com, while others I found on our field trip.

I LOVE this house. I have pretty much every angle there is on Houzz.com saved in my idea book. The back of the this house is even more amazing than the front.
 
I love this house color. Not a huge fan of the door, but it isn't ugly by any means.
 
This is the home of a lady I bought my dining room table from off of Craigslist. Her home was absolutely amazing inside. I wanted to buy things that weren't even for sale.This may classify me as a stalker, but I had to drive by and take a picture of the paint colors and details.
Is this house a little more in the brown family?
 
 On the computer screen, all these homes look like the same exact color to me. In real life they look much different. Or it could be that I am the color blind one.
 
DOORS, DOORS, and more DOORS.
 
As I am sure you can see by now, our home will be craftsman style. Lots of straight lines and square angles. We would like our front door to go with the architecture of course. We know the style, we just can't decide on whether to stain it or paint it bright white like the trim.
 
 
 
 

I didn't get a very bright picture of this door. The neighbors probably would have called the police if I got any closer.


I had mentioned in one of my earlier posts, there was a really neat Dutch door on the original home. We tried to salvage it, but it was pretty beat up from the former owners screwing drywall over and into the door. I am really bummed because I had already accepted that door in my vision and it is there to stay. Now I am in the hunt of a perfect, budget friendly, Dutch door for the entrance way out to the deck. Once I get it in my head, it is hard for me to change my mind. Poor Joe.

 
 
 
 
Now to make an eye appointment to have my vision checked.

No comments:

Post a Comment